Call for Employment
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! is run by a hard-working, full time & part time staff as well as many, many wonderful volunteers and interns.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND VISITOR SERVICES
- Operate the Museum’s front desk and provide positive customer service experiences to all Museum guests and potential facility rental clients
- Maintain and update Museum and email databases; process membership requests and renewals; serve as staff contact for all membership questions and issues
- Provide general information about the Museum and its exhibitions, Shop, facility rentals, classes, and upcoming events
- Facilitate daily sales for admission, as well as class, membership, and shop sales
- Keep gallery attendance, humidity and temperature records
- Assists with management of cash drawer and makes weekly bank deposits
- Create reports, queries, and exports for mailing lists, special projects, or data analytics, as requested; assist with mailings as needed
- Post events and programs entries in database and online calendars as needed
- Sort and distribute mail and manage phone messages for staff
- Duties and special projects as requested by Executive Director
- Have a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of one year customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments on time while managing multiple projects, often with shifting priorities, as part of a team or independently
- Have a basic knowledge of customer service best practices and possess good communication skills
- Enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, and working with volunteers
- Be willing to attend Museum-sponsored events after hours and on weekends
- Show proficiency using technology/computer software (Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Learn and use the Museum’s database management software (Altru)Emphasis on accuracy and consistency
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Willingness to work as part of team serving the Museum’s mission
How To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Apply by: August 22, 2018
Salary: $13 per hour
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! seeks local art educators/artists to teach a variety of creative workshops for adults and/or children during 2018-2019. We are looking for educators to teach after school classes on-site, classes during school vacation, and summer workshops that will run throughout 2018-2019 at NBAM/ArtWorks! Other opportunities available.
Artists/art educators in all media are encouraged to apply. Applicants must hold a minimum of a BFA or demonstrate equivalent experience. Previous teaching experience is a must. It is our policy to CORI / DSS all educators before classes begin with students.
How To Apply:
A current resume with references and 2 examples of your work (digital format) or student executed work. Specify what age groups you are licensed (if applicable) to teach. We offer classes ages 0-3 and 6 to adult.
Please send your resume, images, and a short bio to [email protected] with “Studio Education” in the subject line, or mail information to:
$15-$25 per hour based on experience. Part-time and based on class and workshop schedule.