Call for Employment
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! is run by a hard-working, full time & part time staff as well as many, many wonderful volunteers and interns.
Part-Time, Short-Term Instructors.
The New Bedford Art Museum is looking for instructors for our February, April, and Summer art camps. The ideal candidates will have experience teaching students between the ages of 6-13 and will be well versed in their specific field of art. Teachers will be expected to manage classroom projects, students, and safety. The goal of this program is to create a welcoming educational environment for a diverse student body.
We are currently seeking instructors with experience in multiple mediums: Clay, Sculpture, Drawing, Painting, Collage, and Digital Arts.
Pay is $20-$25 per hour dependent on experience.
- Strong communication skills with the public, artist/educators, students and donors
- Work closely with the Education and Outreach Director, and other staff to create a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Requires a degree in education, art education, the arts or a related field.
- Ability to work with diverse students to reach their creative potential.
- Accompany children on short field trips.
Clay Studio Manager
This part-time position is integral to help maintain the productive functioning of the new Bedford Art Museums Clay program. The Clay studio manager is responsible for efficient management of the kiln firing, movement of work between the clay room and the kiln room. Maintaining tools and equipment in the ceramics room, as well as following safety guidelines to ensure safe, functioning, classrooms.
- Managing the inventory of materials such as clay and glaze and communicating with the Educational Coordinator to order materials for classes.
- Making sure the studio is always clean and in good condition for students.
- Loading and firing the kiln as well as maintaining the kiln furniture and the flow work between the classroom and kiln room.
- Ensure that teachers leave the classroom clean and orderly.
- Ensure adherence to proper safety precautions.
BFA in Ceramics or equivalent work experience.