Cool Arts Kids Summer Classes 2020
July 13 – August 14, 2020
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Summer gets creative with COOL ARTS KIDS classes for youth and teens. Fun offerings include: drawing, painting, printmaking, clay, sculpture, fashion design, collage, papermaking, and computer arts.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT regarding COVID-19: Registration is currently still open for Cool Arts Kids Summer. While we don’t yet know how our schedule might be impacted, we remain hopeful that we will be able to run our annual summer program for children and teens. In the case of cancellation of any session(s) due to COVID-19, all payments can be given as a 100% tax-deductible donation or refunded in full may be issued.
AM Session: 9:00 AM–12:00 PM | PM Session: 12:30–3:30 PM
Cost Per WEEK
$165 Per Session | NBAM Members Save 10% on Classes!
Kids Ages 6-13+ Summer Session Schedule
Week 1: July 13-17
Cute and Creepy Critters | CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
Week 2: July 20-24
Escapes to Sea, Land, City, or Far, Far Away | CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
Week 3: July 27-31
Artistic Traditions of The World | CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
Week 4: August 3-7
Quite the Character! | CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
Week 5: August 10-13
Run-A-Way Fashion Design | CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
teen summer intensive
July 13-July 31, 2020
3-week Art Skills and Development Program
Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM $540 | NBAM Members Save 10% on Classes!
• No refunds are given for missed days.
• Fees include all supplies and instruction.
• You can add a year-long family membership to the New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! ($75.00). Your 10% membership discount can be applied toward classes, workshops, and events.
PENDING – Outdoor Sessions during Summer Classes
• If weather and public protocols allow, Cool Arts Kids will have the opportunity to travel on foot to sites within the immediate downtown area to experience nearby historical and artistic sites.
• All trips will be adequately chaperoned. As a parent/guardian you are asked to consent for your child(ren) to participate in these activities.
FOR YOUR CHILD’S SAFETY AND WELL-BEING, ALL COVID-19 AND SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS WILL BE FOLLOWED:
• Mask/face coverings worn at all times (no exceptions)
• Frequent hand washing/sanitizing
• 6′ of distance between all individuals
• Class size limited