Call for Employment
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! is run by a hard-working, full-time & part-time staff, as well as, volunteers and interns.
Art Studio Instructors
The New Bedford Art Museum is looking for instructors for our February, April, and Summer art camps. The ideal candidates will have experience teaching students between the ages of 6-13 and will be well versed in their specific field of art. Teachers will be expected to manage classroom projects, students, and safety. The goal of this program is to create a welcoming educational environment for a diverse student body.
We are currently seeking instructors with experience in multiple mediums: Clay, Sculpture, Drawing, Painting, Collage, and Digital Arts.
Pay is $20-$25 per hour dependent on experience.
- Strong communication skills with the public, artist/educators, students and donors
- Work closely with the Education and Outreach Director, and other staff to create a positive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Requires a degree in education, art education, the arts or a related field.
- Ability to work with diverse students to reach their creative potential.
- Accompany children on short field trips.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, to [email protected] No phone calls. Position open until filled.