If you are friendly and enjoy creating a welcoming atmosphere, this position is for you!
Greet visitors, answer questions about exhibitions and programs, and lead guided conversation about select artworks. Other duties include assisting at receptions and checking in guests at ticketed public programs. Ambassadors are provided with training and educational materials and are encouraged to attend exhibition-related lectures. Hours are flexible. The Museum is open 9am-5pm, Tues-Sun. Evenings programs are 5-8pm. An outgoing personality and a love of art is a plus!
• Comfort with public speaking
• Desire to learn and speak about art
• Strong people skills
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is highly organized and enjoys providing administrative support.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Possess a keen attention to detail
• Experience in general office support such as scanning, copying, and filing documents, and data entry. Knowledge of CRMs a plus! Hours are flexible.
Museum Director's Assistant
Patient and precise, you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Draft letters, edit copy, maintain internal calendars, schedule meetings, make phone calls to members, and more.
Hours are flexible.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills
• Strong writing and communication skills
• A good sense of humor and an easy going personality
Museum Shop Sales/Admission Desk Assistant
If you have a knack for merchandising and enjoy retail, join our gift shop team.
Process museum admissions, organize and merchandize stock, manage inventory, identify vendors and more. Hours are flexible.
• Retail sales experience or desire to learn
• Strong people skills
• Experience with POS system, handling cash and credit transactions or desire to learn
Volunteer benefits: Complimentary individual membership at the Museum. An annual volunteers' luncheon. A workplace environment that is dynamic and warm.
Museum Photography and Social Media Intern
Take pictures of events and artwork at the New Bedford Art Museum! Engage with the community, artists and explore your skillset.
New Bedford Art Museum is dedicated to engaging a diverse audience in relevant exhibitions, exemplary education, and creative experiences as a vital innovative center for the arts.
Take quality photographs and videos for our social media accounts of events, artwork, and programs. You will work directly with the Chief Creative Director in creating content that will further our mission.
The Art Museum hosts a variety of educational classes and events; your job will be to capture these happenings and post to our social media accounts. This includes photography, instagram/facebook reels and TikTok. We are looking for someone who understands social media trends and engagement with an artistic eye.
• Photography G&E
• Reliable Transportation
• PSD and Lightroom knowledge a plus but not required.
Top benefits or perks:
As a team member at The New Bedford Art Museum you’ll enjoy:
- Free Museum Membership (includes free admission, 10% off workshops, programs, and our museum shop)
- Free entrance to all events
- Ability to use the museum space hone your skills.
- Flexible and Accommodating Schedule
New Bedford Art Museum
608 Pleasant St
New Bedford, MA 02740
To apply for this position, please submit a portfolio and resume/CV to the Chief Creative Director, Ashley Marzulla at [email protected]