2021-2022 Members’ Exhibition
On view at NBAM December 4, 2021 – May 8, 2022
Each year NBAM invites artist Members to submit up to three art pieces to a Juror who selects which works will be showcased at NBAM. This year the Juror will also select artworks for cash and other prizes. The artist whose work is selected for Best In Show will receive $100, a Friend Level Membership (Reciprocal membership for over 1170 participating Museums throughout North America), and a solo exhibition at NBAM in 2023.
- Not all works submitted will be selected.
- Applicants must be active Museum Members through May 2022 to apply. Click here to become a Member.
- All applicants must complete the entry form and pay their entry fee before Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST
Click here to complete the entry form
Click here to pay the Entry Fee
- $35 for up to three artworks
- Early Bird Entry Discount $25 — Submit your entry by Friday, October 1st at 11:59 PM EST and save!
Cash and Other Prizes!
- Best In Show winner will receive $100, A Friend Level Membership (Reciprocal membership for over 1170 participating Museums throughout North America), and a solo exhibition at NBAM in 2023
- First Runner Up winner will receive $75 and a Friend Level Museum Membership
- Second Runner Up winner will receive $50 and a Family Level Museum Membership
- Honorable Mention winner will receive $25 and a Family Level Museum Membership
- Staff Pick winner will receive an Individual Level Museum Membership
- Community Pick* winner will receive an Individual Level Museum Membership
Click here to learn more about NBAM Member Perks!
All Works Can Be For Sale!
This year, Artists can self-select which of their entries will be for sale (or NFS) and if they want to donate proceeds back to NBAM. Artworks will remain in the exhibition through May 8, 2021.
Amounts will be confidential and will not affect the jury selection process.
Artists donating 50% – 100% of their commission to NBAM will receive special recognition and a tax-deduction letter for the amount of their donation.
Stephanie Haboush Plunkett, Deputy Director and Chief Curator of the Norman Rockwell Museum.
CATEGORIES FOR ORIGINAL ARTWORK
Painting, drawing, mixed media, sculpture, photography, ceramics, fiber, metals, glass, wood, installation, printmaking, and video.
Friday, September 10, 2021 – Members’ Application Opens
Friday, October 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST – Early Bird Entry Closes
Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST – Members’ Application Closes
Monday, November 8, 2021 – Members’ Applicants Informed
Tuesday, November 9, 2021 – Members’ Artists Announced
November 19 – 23, 2021 – Members’ Artwork Drop Off
November 24 – December 2, 2021 – Members’ Installation
December 3, 2021 – Holiday Party, Exhibition Preview
December 4, 2021 – Members’ Exhibition Opens to Public
December 4, 2021 – May 8, 2022 On view at NBAM
December 9, 2021 – Aha! Public Reception & Prize Winners Announcement
March 10, 2022 – Aha! Public Event & Community Pick Announcement
May 9 – 13, 2022 – De-install Members’
May 12 – 15, 2022 – Pick Up Artworks
Questions? Contact Julia Zimmerman [email protected]